We know the industry,
we offer experience
QHQ Ltd was established in 2004 by Sue Fairley and Kate Berry. The company is owned by Sally Blaxall and Kate Berry who have a proven track record in garment technology and management and an extensive network of business contacts and specialist consultants.
Our organic growth has been achieved through our reputation with returning clients, offering unmatched service levels and accommodating small niche brands through to major high street retailers.
Strong working partnerships with our clients and consultants form an integral part of our business model. Our aim is to provide an exclusive service tailored to our clients needs and delivered with integrity.
Sally Blaxall – Owner and director of Quality Headquarters
- A highly experienced garment technologist possessing extensive knowledge of procurement, fit and quality across womenswear. Proven ability to deliver a premium brand with commercial viability whilst retaining design integrity
- 15 years experience at Marks and Spencer as a garment development technologist across womenswear, Autograph, skirts, blouses, dresses and also homeware and lingerie
- Founder member of Autograph, establishing the unique fit and technical construction of the premier brand, maintaining design integrity yet encompassing the Marks and Spencer customer. Working with Betty Jackson, Katharine Hamnett, Julian Macdonald and Matthew Williamson
- Developed new suppliers and direct sourcing routes from Italy specifically for Autograph ensuring Marks and Spencer standards and quality procedures were implemented and achieved
- An extremely comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing techniques and quality procedures with travel to Italy, Morocco, Sri Lanka, Malacca, Indonesia and China. Delivering comprehensive procurement strategies within individual womenswear departments
- Introduced new suppliers into Marks and Spencer minimising the risk to the business with regard to quality, fit and the brand. Paving the way for the suppliers to branch into main range departments.
- 6 months at Tesco Stores responsible for garment fit and construction for bras, briefs and nightwear in Ladies Essentials department as a freelance garment technology consultant
- Greatly enhanced managerial skills through project and accounts management experience, implementing and delivering the strategic growth of QHQ Ltd
Kate Berry – Owner and director of Quality Headquarters
- A senior garment technologist, with over 20 years retail and manufacturing experience working for leading high street brands Debenhams, Arcadia, Monsoon, NV (now Next Sourcing)
- Long term manufacturing experience in India and Sri Lanka working for Suppliers to QHQ clients. Multi product men’s, women’s and childrenswear. Hands on experience of pattern cutting, block and sizing development
- Founder director of QHQ Ltd involving business start up, strategic planning, systems, business development and implementation
- Demonstrates an in depth understanding of the technical requirements of both retailers and their supplier base. Proficient in the creative and technical aspects of product development and quality assurance procedures from factory floor to delivery
- A proficient mentor and trainer. Practiced in developing and delivering technical training programmes, AQL training, product reviews and benchmarking projects
- Proven ability establishing technical departments from start up including, sourcing, supplier assessment and development, factory auditing and compliance
- A competent business manager; analytical and numerate with a sound commercial understanding